Water Sewer Rates
BYLAW NO. 6-2016
A BYLAW OF THE VILLAGE OF TOMPKINS TO FIX THE RATES TO BE CHARGED FOR THE USE AND CONSUMPTION OF WATER AND TO FIX THE RATES TO BE
CHARGED BY WAY OF RENT OR SERVICE CHARGE FOR THE USE OF SEWER COUNCIL of the Village of Tompkins, in the Province of Saskatchewan, enacts as follows:
1. All persons desiring to be supplied with water from the Municipality’s water supply system shall make application to the Village of Tompkins. Each application shall be accompanied by a fee or meter deposit in the sum of one hundred ($100.00) dollars.
2. The Municipality may, by bylaw, ration or limit the amount of water furnished to any and/or all consumers should circumstances deem to warrant such action.
3. If the water supply is shut off from the premises of a user for infringement of the provisions of this bylaw, same shall not be turned on until all penalties, fees, rates, charges and arrears, if any, have been paid.
4. Water meters shall be read bi-monthly.
5. The charges to be paid by the water consumer whose water service has been turned on shall be those set out in Schedule "A" attached; provided, however, that the minimum shall be payable in every case whether or not any water is consumed.
6. Persons who own or occupy premises drained or that are by bylaw required to be drained into the sewer shall pay for such services a rental rate or service charge in accordance with Schedule "B" attached.
7. Accounts for water service and/or sewer service shall cover a period of two successive months, and shall be rendered on or before the first day of the month next following such period. Accounts shall be paid within a period of sixty days from the date on which such accounts are rendered. If an account is not paid within the period of sixty days, the water service may be cut off. If the water service is cut off, it shall not be turned on until all arrears have been paid, together with a fee of $50.00 to cover the expenses of turning off the water and turning it on again; provided that it is required to turn on the water service outside the employees working hours, the fee shall be $100.00.
8. A penalty of 4% will be added to all water and sewer accounts outstanding at the date of the next billing.
9. Bylaw No.2-2014 is hereby repealed.
The rates, charges, tolls or rents contained in this bylaw shall come into force and take effect on the day of approval being issued by the Local Government Committee on the 8th day of November, 2016.
BI-MONTHLY WATER RATES:
6,000 gallons or less Minimum $ 80.50
Over 6,001 gallons $10.00 per 1,000 gallons
($0.01 per gallon)
VILLAGE OF TOMPKINS
TO BYLAW NO. 6-2016
BI-MONTHLY SEWER SERVICE CHARGES:
Banks, Credit Unions $ 36.30 each
Restaurants $ 36.30 each
Churches $ 16.50 each
Garages $ 16.50 each
Hotel $ 36.30 each
Offices $ 16.50 each
Residences $ 16.50 each
Schools $ 36.30 each
Post Office $ 36.30 each
Housing Unit $ 36.30 each
All Others $ 16.50 each